Commencement Access Information
Find important information for Commencement accessibility.
Northwell Health at Jones Beach Theater
Wheelchair Accessible Seating Areas:
- We do not reserve wheelchair accessible seating for family and guests; first-come, first-served. See venue map.
- Wheelchair accessible seating is located in the Standing Room behind Orchestra, Section C, A, 6L, 19, 21, 23, 25
- Students in wheelchairs who require access to the commencement floor should seek assistance from Adelphi or Northwell Health at Jones Beach staff.
- It is strongly suggested that guest with mobility limitations consider using assistance devices or rent a wheelchair for the day.
- Please note that Adelphi University and Northwell Health at Jones Beach Theater do not have wheelchairs available for commencement.
- Guests interested in renting a wheelchair for the commencement are encouraged to contact a home health care supplier.
- Located in Parking Field 5A
- Elevators are located in the Main plaza and Gate D
- All 3 levels are accessible by elevator.
Interpreters for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- American Sign Language Interpreter (ASL) will be visible on a large screen by the stage.
- Guests requiring further visual access to the interpreters must reserve seating in advance. For reservations, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 516.877.3806.
Accessible Restroom Facilities
- There are public restrooms designed to accommodate guests with disabilities conveniently located throughout the arena.